She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    Now i don't know if i want to try and get some sleep because the chick shouldn't do much for 12 hours, or if i want to sit up and watch it all night !

2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I love her. Yes, that's the one. But this one has more bright red for comb and wattle. Otherwise, very similar but younger! :)

Beautiful!

Why do they prefer to use self blue over lav?

Yay!!

I'm just guessing here, but he may not since he's had testosterone in his system for so long and has learned certain behaviors.

Eggciting!!

Yup...gotta stay a step ahead!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Go to sleep

4. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

An avian vet might be able to but I wouldn't do it myself. From what I've read and seen while processing the older the roo the softer the testes, which is really likely to cause a slip. Surgery like that is also going to be harder on an older bird. I think the ideal age for caponizing is like 4-12 weeks

5. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I like having you guys on the thread. I wish Don would pop in more often [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]OK never mind . after I get my foot and leg out of my mouth .I have a question .I was told that the Arucana was developed in the U.S. and didn't come from Chili as is stated in the hatchery adds . I was told this by a member of the Ameraucana breeders association is this true . if so where did the first blue egg layers come from .to start all these breeds. just wondering. A couple of things. Ravyn I glad you came along at least someone in Tn. has two good cents I don't have any sense or I would do more research before jumping in .I hope you didn't get hammered by the storms yesterday. flattened my late garden it was pretty this year.The brooder shed doors were open and the rain was blowing side ways and soaked two wk.chicks quick clean up and heat lamp made it good I hope .finishing touches on a project has my favorite customer wearing thin on my nerves . I have 0 time run in catch up a little post something stupid running again . One of my sales and P.R. tactics I give my customers and their customers the home owner free eggs I have given this home owner eggs a couple off times. her daughter inlaw loves chickens and just moved back to the states from England so I took her eggs and of course she loved the pretty blue eggs my hens lay .what got me while we were talking Molly pulled a egg shell out of the cabinet and says this is the color I'm going to paint my kitchen If not here then in our new mountain house. the egg shell was from the first eggs I gave her in November told her this was a new one on me egg shell blue she put the egg shell back in the cabinet. that is after she compared it to the ones in the carton and said nope this is the color.hope the paint company can live up to their T.V. adds this lady will put them to the test. off and running again[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    That's very cool!

8. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Awesome! :woot
    Yes, :smack everyone has a good side.
    Yay!
    Good morning! I hope everyone has nice happy hatches! I can't do any incubating so I'll just have to satisfy myself with watching yours!
    That black rooster looks like my partridge one, except for the color. And mine doesn't have a crest. Is that normal? He doesn't look like a mix. He has the right toes, skin color but he has no crest!
    Get some sleep. Unless this is your first hatch. If it's your first, I won't judge if you set an alarm for 3am to check on them like I did on my first. I think I quoted everything I needed to.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  9. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Hi K! I hope the weather settles down for you. I like that story about the egg shell. Must have been a lovely color for her to go through all that trouble to get the perfect paint color! Don't work to hard, have a great day!

10. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    So I still haven't gotten a response from the breeder I want to purchase eggs from. I re-read all of our correspondence. She said, "just let me know when you're ready". I sent her a message Monday morning, no reply. Am I just being totally impatient in this age of electronic instant gratification?? How long should I wait before I go to plan b?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by