She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    SC, The jury decided to give you a reprieve from the Band or emasculator for the time being.

Little history on where I came from, Was born on a gamefowl farm and spent several year with them.

Never been a Rooster born that can not be gentled down to where he will not try and hit you. Will agree that some of the aggressive personality is heredity . The very worst thing to do is try an fight back with the rooster by kicking them, it will only make them worse. A lot of what causes this is they are nervous.

Catch the mean Rooster up and hold him under the left arm and take the right hand and start rubbing under the head. If he is pecking you , put the thumb on one side of the head and the fingers on the other side of the head. Wet your finger and rub under the lower beak in a downward motion. More in a minute.

1 person likes this.
  2. quackers57

quackers57 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Uk
    and sc lost his mind again. It wasn't a racist remark it was the goats names and you deserved those slaps.

3. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    At least your not asking one of the kids to pass messages back forth...

I think with the bigger eggs, that take longer, that you should stop turning a little sooner. It's gives them more time to get in position. This is totally just my personal opinion. But I think not turning anytime after day 22 is fine.
    I LOVE the recaps!! Probably my favorite posts!

1 person likes this.
  4. quackers57

May 13, 2015
    Uk
    And I ain't little :smack

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. Is Alaska a northern state I mean Its way up there A snow bird taking on a red breaded SC hawk that plays in storm surf this I gotta see . FrIiday is playing with a knife.I think sidewings been drinking he can't stand up silkies telling on SC Amy's pouting the kids are being bad today. W V where have you been your supposed to be the adult here[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    Catch the rooster up everyday and do this same thing over and over. Just walk around with the male in your hands and give him some over ripe Banana. At first you may have to stick his beak into the Banana. It normally takes about a week to gentle the real mean males. Any questions fire away. Don

7. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Now, I thought Araucanas came from SA some where. Araucanas are rumpless, which carries a lethal gene, so they were mixed with other breeds to retain the blue egg color but ditch the lethal gene, and those mixes became the base for Ameraucanas. Mix it up a bit more with non standard colors, and you have EE.

True, but that was one single BA, not a true representative of the entire breed. Still an awesome chicken, and the ones in Australia are exceptional. Make ours look like scrawny bantams.

Just love that curious Nellie!
    I see you'r incubator is a more recent model. I have the black and white version. What are you running the humidity at with your model? My hatch is down to 7 eggs, one clear eliminated. Day 10.

My hubby's grandmother was able to go off her BP med after her husband died. Sad... he loved to wind her up. He took great pride in it.

Perhaps the seller has gone on vacation.

IMO I'd rather set a pullet egg than one from an old hen at the end of her productive lay cycle.

8. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Thanks Don. If I feel like being emasculated, I will post some pics of my BCM roo [​IMG]
    Seminolewind taught me how to tame my nasty Polish rooster by backing him down, but it never made him gentle.

9. quackers57

May 13, 2015
    Uk
    When do I stop turning pheasant eggs?

10. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    In fact, I've never hatched any eggs… Wait, thats not true, I hatched red worm eggs last year.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by