1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. snowbird

snowbird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010

2. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

You my friend made the same mistake we all made . not going to shows learning what the best looked like and buying the type we would really like to have and then spending hundreds of dollars trying to hatch them again not getting eggs from were the best are If that's even possible. doesn't bother me but I hate to see someone who wants to show buy the wrong birds and then spend money just to lose .I like shows but have never been to a chicken show other than the state fair. horse shows cattle shows pig shows and one goat show. but really I would advise anyone who is getting in to any kind of farm animal to go to a show or two first everything looks different in real life. although we might not be able to buy the best at least we would know what to look for . I really thought I was going somewhere I could see the adult chickens when I brought my SLWS and GLWs When I got there and saw the operation I should have left but had driven almost a hundred miles to buy chickens so I got them anyway. you have an honest operation. it's one of the things I like about you.

3. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

O independent like we tried to be that explains you anyway I can just see you clued to that egg did you put it up top yet[​IMG]

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    that's one of those vague references that I like to throw out there. you have to put three posts together to find it. It is hidden in the goat pictures

5. snowbird

May 28, 2010
    Sidewing, If we handle the rooster very gentle they will not get mean. Try the rubbing of the finger in the wattle and neck area. Wet the finger a little and it will even work better to calm them down. Don

6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Not yet....I am trying to think when I have the time. I am so busy this week. I wish it could be there right now.....contemplating googling how to do it to be safe.

Just pm me
    ..I'm feeling lazy and plus I have to get ready for a premier party.

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

What is it with wattle rubbing?????!!!! :lau :lau. All of mine love it...plus a couple of hens.

8. snowbird

May 28, 2010
    The best Money we can ever spend is for the APA SOP read the first 40 pages a few times and go to a couple of open shows before spending money of fowl. The show people are a friendly bunch.

9. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    No :smack

10. snowbird

May 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by