She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. NTBugtraq

NTBugtraq ex-Surgeon General

Finally, someone near my age...Hiya.

2. won't do any good I brought and set all very dark eggs to get my hens and still get some lite colored eggs I think they run out of paint I also think hot weather affects color with them

1 person likes this.
  3. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

This is why I said pm.... you have to trust me not to tell anyone..I am a woman of God. He knows I am honest and keep things private. Plus you might be able to help lower the median age. ;)

4. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    33 here...I had my first baby at 22 and my last at 32...what a difference 10 years makes! I haven't put makeup on in weeks! Lol.

WV or any other duck people: my neighbor has 2 1/2 wk old call ducks in a brooder. There are 3 of them and 1 hasn't grown any. I saw it eating & drinking, I even put it in a tub of water and he swims. But he is the same size as when he was born. His siblings are twice his size! He's a dwarf duck?? Anyone have any experience with this?? My neighbor is hoping he has some new genetics on his hands or that he'll be in the worlds records book!

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Great! I didn't spray my duck eggs, but Storey's Guide says that they get higher percentage hatches when they sprayed once a day, from the 6th to 24th day. Is that your plan? I might try it next time.
    My only advice is to remember that ducks take longer to zip than chicks, even up to 48 hours from initial pip, so don't rush them, unless you see distress. Hope you'll keep us posted! So you are looking at Aug 7th hatch date? Hope you should start seeing pips by the 5th. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

You're funny. I worked my butt off to get that far....its not easy. I challenge any other 29 year old mother of two to be able to do that!!! ;) Well if it makes you feel any better my older half sister is 39 and my youngest half sister just turned 5. Lol!!!! My daughter is 4 years older than her aunt. :lau

7. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Kids at 22 and 32! You go girl! Lol

Are you sure they are all calls? Maybe only the littlest one is full call. Could it have mated with a regular size?
    You gotta get some pics for me!! Pleeeeze? [​IMG]

8. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Thank you two for helping us solve this dilemma.

No exact age??? Just a round up or down???

I can relate!!!! I put make up on today and the last time was when I went to the art gallery!!! ;) I had my first 6 months after I turned 20 and my second 5.5 years later. I am proud you waited 10 years....its great to have a little helper vs one that's jealous and still crying and diapers. Lol!!! I know I could not handle 2 in diapers at once.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  9. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Heehee.. I'm just messing with you!! I know how hard that is! And that's some age range! Are they half from the same parent of yours? I mean both your dad's kids, or both your mom's? (if that's not too personal lol)

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I had my girls at 20 and 24. When I got married at 19, they said it would never last. (Lol) 32 years later, we are still happily married! Love being a young gramma.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by