She Sold Me..??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by saraclassic, Mar 12, 2015.

1. saraclassic

saraclassic Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    So , I really want black Australorps in my flock. I found someone who said they had to laying hens she would sell me for $15 each. now $15.00 does not bother me as I would gladly pay twice that for something I really want that I somehow can't find close by. So the exchange went well, and I'm not overly excited because they look healthy.. But not a shiny black and green I'd expect.we'll she's in a rush, the chicken pooped all over her etc...
    I message her about how much of their under feathers are CHOCOLATE BROWN and she proceeded to tell me yeah and they lay pretty green and olive eggs,..WTH? BA lay Brown. Soo I'm thinking Americauna and BA mix.. ?

2. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    Pictures will help, without them, there is no telling

3. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    It sounds that way.Gosh you just can't trust people these days. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. saraclassic

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    I agree.. I'm trying with no luck. But confirmation that that does not sound like a BA?!

5. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    It doesn't if they lay green eggs. What color are their legs? What type of comb? Do they have muffs or beards?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. saraclassic

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    Legs are a grey / slate. Yeah she says they lay green some more olive. She's obviously not up on her own flock. :(

7. saraclassic

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    [​IMG]
    oh yeah... The comb...its little larger than my Americaunas but it's almost wrinkled up looking. Ok, I'm SO SORRY these pics aren't loading because I wanted to ask about that too.
    And no Real beard, but they do have a little bit if the tiny like feathers like my americaunas.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Here's a breed description. The leg color sounds ok but...http://www.roysfarm.com/black-australorp-characteristics/ they should have a single upright comb.[​IMG]

9. saraclassic

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    [​IMG]they seem to be loading, hope this helps some

10. saraclassic

Dec 28, 2014
    North West Florida
    it looked like a rose, lol. It was all wrinkled. I did open it, it's a single but never knew they could wrinkle up like it's dehydrated lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by