She was given to me as an EE but...

She's still an EE. My EE Waffle layed beautiful rich sky blue eggs (not a hint of green). Your girl is not a recognised color (I don't think), so EE. They can lay any color of egg possible from white to pink, brown, light blue, darker blue, green, olive, etc.

Last edited:
I think an EE is a chicken that should have the blue egg gene. Other than that, there are no requirements for what they should look like. If a hen has the blue egg gene and does not have any genes that adds brown to the blue, the eggs will be blue. If she has some genes that add brown, the eggs will be some shade of green.

I think your hen has the blue egg gene and does not have genes that causes enough brown to make them look green. Very nice.

She looks like an Americauna to me. And I've heard that Americaunas can lay blue, green and pink eggs!!!

Umm, what? Ameraucanas only lay blue eggs. EE's lay blue, green, and (brown) eggs.

Research it a little.
smile.png

The pictured bird is an EE / Easter Egger.

It's because hatcheries always pull off that lie, and sadly people who buy from them believe it and don't seem to ask questions. I once thought I had Araucanas from Murray McMurray, and I got really really confused by their description and illustration too, but a little researching and I found out I had Easter Eggers, unrelated mutts. Later I did get myself true Araucanas and Ameraucanas though. It's nice having all three.

It's because hatcheries always pull off that lie, and sadly people who buy from them believe it and don't seem to ask questions. I once thought I had Araucanas from Murray McMurray, and I got really really confused by their description and illustration too, but a little researching and I found out I had Easter Eggers, unrelated mutts. Later I did get myself true Araucanas and Ameraucanas though. It's nice having all three.

You sure have a beautiful set of eggs there in avatar........ I love the colored eggs reminds me of Easter...Kim

Umm, what? Ameraucanas only lay blue eggs. EE's lay blue, green, and (brown) eggs.

Research it a little.
smile.png

The pictured bird is an EE / Easter Egger.

Ameraucanas are 'supposed' to lay only blue eggs, but somefamilies/varieties are known to lay off colored eggs. Hard to tell what color egg they lay in the show cage.

Back
Top Bottom