She WAS going along so well.......but...........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by amsunshine, Aug 17, 2010.

1. amsunshine

amsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Kansas
    now, nothing. My 20-week old EE laid TWO blue eggs at once on the first try on Aug. 8th. Then 2 days later, another egg. Since then, NOTHING. NADA. ZIPP-O. She still does the chicken squat.

Meanwhile, my BO, the same age as the EE, has been an egg-laying machine, starting on Aug. 9th and she has laid SEVEN eggs now. The last 5 days in a row she has laid. She is quite red in the face and her wattle is so large that it's now a "comb-over" HAHAHAHAHA I could not resist! [​IMG] She is the ONLY one who will NOT do the chicken squat, and she is my best layer! [​IMG]

My Australorp, same age as the others, has not started yet but has been doing the chicken squat for 2 weeks now, and is very red in the face.

SO the question: What gives with my EE? Why did she stop? I'm so confused! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. blueraspberry

blueraspberry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    maby internal laying?

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    maybe she just had a practice run or maybe shes hiding the eggs on you, need to go on an easter hunt .

4. amsunshine

amsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Kansas
    Well they are indoor chickens and we just cleaned their coop out yesterday and no extra eggies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by