She Who Sleeps Standing Up is about to get a name modification.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pipdzipdnreadytogo, Dec 23, 2012.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Tonight, She Who Sleeps Standing Up (usually abbreviated to SWSSU) squatted for the first time. No matter how many pullets I get, I am somehow always excited by the first squat and the first egg of each girl.

So into the house she went for the celebratory visit to my parents. She did remarkably well at first, but inevitably things went downhill.

You see, whenever I hold SWSSU, she puts in that extra effort to dig her claws into whichever shirt I am wearing. She has split shirt decals and stretched collars doing so, all the while repeatedly flapping the side of my face with one wing.

Tonight, I happened to be wearing one of my newest and favorite shirts, a nice barn red colored one with the silhouette of a hen in white above the words, "Keep Calm and Raise Chickens". This, of course, was cause for her to do extra damage! She did not just dig her claws in and flap, she tore a nice inch-wide hole in it right next to the silhouette of the hen.

In light of this and her previous acts of shirt-destroying havoc, it has come to serious consideration a modification to that bird's name: She Who Destroys my Good Shirts. :mad:

Don't fall for the innocent look on her face, she is a guilty bird! :tongue

[​IMG]

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Oh! You MUST forgive her... just look at that beautiful face!!!

I would call her " Worth it" 'cause she is soooo gorgeous!!!

Suzie
    [​IMG]

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    "She Who Destroys my Good Shirts." Lol! LOVE it! Too funny! So, I guess her abbreviation will be SWDGS!

4. SarahJaneB

SarahJaneB Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww such innocence in that face though! I don't believe it [​IMG] Lol love them name

5. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    Haha! She is so pretty and angelic, though... [​IMG]

6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    ...She does have the sweetest little face... :oops:

[​IMG]

Oh, I just can't stay mad at that! My sweet little SWSSU. :love

7. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    A tale of forgiveness. [​IMG] Very sweet. It's always good not to hold grudges against your chickens. [​IMG]

8. She is so cute you should name her Dixie or Daisy![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by