shed construction kit

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ams3651, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Hey, that's pretty nifty - thanks for the link! [​IMG]

3. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone see a size on that ad? Am I just missing it?

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    We have one of those. the box will need 2 people to life. its over 100 lbs. We are going to be using it for our garbage. We got bear problems. I have to set it up still

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have one sitting on my back porch I bought and haven't used. Mine is a 7'x8' frame kit. You buy 2 kits to make a 8'x14' building.

6. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought one! As others have said the box is HEAVY. [​IMG] I have been reading and reading the instructions. I think I can do this! The husband said he will NOT help me. The directions are very simple and straight forward. I am planning on making the 7 x 8 foot size. The kit covers 7x8, 8x14, and 10x22 sizes. When I get the nerve to start I will put pictures on the forum. [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh I do want to see how hard this is to assemble. Sooooo...when are you starting it? What kind of wood do you have to buy?

8. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

it tells you all the wood you need...1 1x4x8 and 1 1x4x12 and 19 2x4x8 and 7 2x4x8(pressure treated) etc. It tells you how long to cut the wood and a letter code to mark it and that size nails and where to put them. I'm telling you, I think a kid could do this if they were allowed to use a skil-saw!

9. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

What exactly is in the box? I thought it's just a bunch of brackets?

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    So how much added cost do you figure it will be over and above the cost of the kit?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by