Shed Coop *pictures please!* and run...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by catmf6, Jun 16, 2010.

1. catmf6

catmf6 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2009
    i was thinking having a shed with a run attached would work really well. im not very handy so something pre made would be stellar. I have 2 RIR hens, 2 Black Austrolorps, and 5 Araucanas.
    Please Reply,
    Cat

2. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    can't help ya out, but we do have members with shed coops! Do a search and see if that gives ya any results..

3. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    There are pre-made chicken coops on sites like MyPetChicken and RandallBurkey. A shed could work, if the base is solid and predator-proof.

4. BonnieJean

BonnieJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Connecticut
    Hi! We just finished (well, almost...) our coop made from a shed and love it! There is so much room inside, and it was relatively easy to retrofit to make it into a coop. Here are some pics...

**ADDED PIC** This is what the shed looked like before we got it (hubby bartered for it [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

It's crazy what a difference paint and a new window made (and a few other small changes)
    [​IMG]

with the run added...
    [​IMG]

pic with the door to the run...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    It's still a work in progress but we have an 8 x 10 shed we got off craigslist and have converted to a coop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. catmf6

May 26, 2009
    Quote:Ill have to do that! Thanks for the reply!

7. catmf6

May 26, 2009
    Quote:That looks so cool! I wish i had a coop like that! (hopefully i will soon!) Thanks for the pics and advice!!!

8. louieloui

louieloui Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Quote:I just purchased and converted a resin/vinyl shed to a chicken coop and added a run. You can see the process at my BYC page. Hope it helps!

9. BonnieJean

BonnieJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Connecticut
    Looks nice!! Your girls are going to love it [​IMG]
    Cat- how is yours coming? Did you decide to use a shed?

10. devotedmomx7

devotedmomx7 New Egg

Apr 18, 2010
    NW Georgia
    We are almost finished our coop converted from a metal shed (12x10). We made a wall going down the middle of the shed. Half of the wall is chicken wire and we are leaving one of the shed doors open so they have good ventilation. We also have four added ventilation areas in the coop. The run is attached to the outside like the ones already shown. This way we still have half of our shed for storage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by