Shed coop poop boards?

Can I get pictures of shed coop roosts and poop boards? Likes/dislikes?

We did ours as upper shelves (above the windows) and as roosting tables (on wheels for easy moving while cleaning). The black is 1/4" rubber mats, usually sold by the foot at farm supply stores, screwed into the frame to keep them in place - make for super easy cleaning and keeps the plywood from getting pitted and goopy.

The middle table under the poultry exhaust fan wasn't done when I took the picture, but it was finished off as a flat landing pad (no roosting bars in the middle). Above the fan is another roosting area (that or they would try to stand there and poop on the fan)! At the very front you can just barely see the nesting box cabinets (where the screws are), I made those into roosting tables for the tops too and left them with no roosting bar so the birds jumping down from the top would have a few good landing spots.

Getting into the corners can be a little hard, it's 30" wide, but I love the heights and my floor bedding stays so much cleaner as a result of the tables. It also lets the chickens easily shuffle around at bed time.
P1280680.JPG

I like the 1x4 sides that keep the pdz in. They were walking on the tops of them as they were in this (old) picture so I added a stair railing to the top of the 1x4s.

I like the width and length and the height of the roost above the poop board. The overall height is a little too high for comfortable poop scooping. I would put it the same height again, though, because I like not having to reach down for eggs or worrying about them sleeping in the nest boxes.

Attachments

• ECFE3BAD-0E7E-4585-9682-DA3F0D530A8A.jpeg
    ECFE3BAD-0E7E-4585-9682-DA3F0D530A8A.jpeg
    783.1 KB · Views: 32
Poop boards just seem like too much yuckiness for me. I just have deep bedding and rake it around a bit every so often, maybe once a fortnight.
That's interesting I felt like deep bedding was to much yuckiness. And laziness on my part.... so I went to poop boards for a perfectly clean coop. I even swiffer the floor now. Zero poop all day, quick clean out every morning and dump the excellent source of nitrogen for my garden into compost. Couldn't be happier and never going back to giant amounts of poo in my coop.

Back
Top Bottom