1. gordy123

gordy123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    falls village, ct
    I have noticed online that they sell metal bracket kits.They say that you don't have to do much cutting.Has anyone used one of these?

2. dirtybug

dirtybug Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2008
    Chester Co. PA
    My first coop I built when I was kid was a Gazebo kit, No cutting to build the frame. everything was straight 2x4x8's that bolted to the bracket. The only cutting required was plywood for roof and walls but that was because it's an octagonal gazebo, a square or rectangle kit may need no cutting at all. Great way to go for anyone not too familiar with carpentry.

3. Alley

Alley Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    Eureka, California
    Where would you get one of these kits?

4. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

I got mine at www.backyardcity.com and it is called a "Fast Framer Kit" I recieved mine last month, but have to wait until some of this snow melts before I can start building it, but with my litmited carpentry skills it looks like something I will be able to handle.

5. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    They're great...just make sure if you don't want to do much cutting that you build a shed size in 4 ft incretments so you don't have to cut the4x8 sheating for the walls and floors. I find those the most difficult to get straight and square! 8x8...8x16...12x12...8x12 You know what I mean:>)
    But as for the metal plates and such, yes they take straight 2x4 cuts so you don't have to fidget with angles

6. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    I have built two of these so far and they are very easy to build. I used the smaller version which uses 2 x2 instead of 2x4s . They have held up well to the NY winters. I need to build another one but am thinking of doing a pallet shed instead due to the free pallets at work.

Good Luck

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by