1. Goldenretrieverluver

Goldenretrieverluver Hatching

Jan 22, 2019
    Hello every1, as of just a few moments ago I'm a new member of BYC and I'm a bit nervous and really don't know what I'm doing :barnie. In glancing thru this forum I c their r a lot of great minds out there. Sooooo, I need ur help. My hubby is building me a brand new shed and I desperately need some ideas on names. The problem is the shed is serving as a chicken coop AND as a garden shed. Figuring out a name is easy 4 one or the other but not as a combo. I'm at a big loss and can not figure out something cute. Also, the shed will b like an old western building. Any ideas 4 me will b greatly appreciated. Thank u all.

Callender Girl and Clubber1234 like this.
  2. Clubber1234

Clubber1234 Free Ranging

Feb 11, 2018
    England, Devon
    My Coop
    Welcome to byc :weeglad your here!

3. Stargrazer

Stargrazer Chirping

Oct 31, 2018
    New Port Richey
    Welcome! There are some terrific folks on here. Incredible amount of knowledge and kindness.

Do you have a picture of the shed/coop? That might help with name ideas.

4. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Songster

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    How about the EggPlant Corral? It's my best effort at pre-5 a.m. today. Once you mentioned western, all I could think of was the OK Corral, although of course that's more southwest than western, I guess.

Don't worry about not knowing what you're doing. Everyone here is very patient and gracious. Welcome to BYC and good luck with the building project!!

mimipeaches, Melodychick and Jules929 like this.
  5. Goldenretrieverluver

Jan 22, 2019
    thank u so much,Clubber1234

6. Goldenretrieverluver

Jan 22, 2019
    hi stargrazer! I'm glad u reminded me of posting a pic of the shed, that would certainly help. c, I dont know what I'm doing! :thhere's a pic so I'm hoping I can at least figure how 2 do that . 20190115_163837.jpg

7. Goldenretrieverluver

Jan 22, 2019
    oh my gosh, that is an awesome name u came up with, Callender Girl!! I'm glad u thought of that so fresh into ur day :ya. thank u. this project is r second one, first one was built in Utah and now we r living in Arizona. the one in Uyah was separate buildings. here is a picture of that chicken coop. we named it 'Holy Hen House' :lol:

Attached Files:

N F C likes this.
  8. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Songster

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    I'm glad you liked it!! And, your Holy Hen House is wonderfully adorable!

9. N F C

N F C Poo happens, move on

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, that's looking great! I like how you've built 2 coops now with a theme.

All I can think of is Chicken Hitchen' Post. :idunno

10. Goldenretrieverluver

Jan 22, 2019
    thanks 4 the suggestion, will add 2 my list thus far. no, I'm afraid we're probably not that good, that's a pic of what I want the shed 2 end up looking like :lol:.

N F C likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: