shed

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Tikkajazz94, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, I might be moving to my parents new place. Theirs a old shed, Which I thought on housing chickens. I can easily divide the shed, But New roof and fixing the walls are in order.... So, question is, if I divide it, would it be alright to put quail in on side? and which penning do you suggest?

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    yes you can have it split, but i'd put like a "walkway" of sorts between the 2 so they can't get RIGHT next to eachother, 1/2" hardware cloth should be fine.

3. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    ah yea, since they are gonna be so close, i'd have like, 2 sets of shoes, one for chickens, one for quails, so you don't cross contaminate anything, and always check the quails first, then the chickens

4. Apatedolos

Apatedolos Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2012
    Since there all birdies, couldn't they just live together? That way the chickens could keep the quail warm at night.

5. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    that is an age old mention, and many arguments are brought up from it.

TECHNICALLY you can keep chickens and quails together, some people do it with no problems. BUT you SHOULDN"T keep them together b/c chickens can pass disease(that they are immune to) over to the quails(which are NOT immune) causing death.

i'm not gonna get into it b/c this isn't the point of this thread, but quails and chickens should not be keep together, altho some people do with no issues, it is not advised.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by