Sheep drench for puppies?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by birdbrain444, Sep 8, 2016.

1. birdbrain444

birdbrain444 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2013
    I've used sheep drench 0.8% monthly for a long time on my dogs for heartworm...can this be used as the 2,4,6, and 8 week puppy wormer? Thanks ...if not what can be used...

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Sorry no one is responding to your question. I'd like to know myself. I know we used to dip our dogs and cats in something called lindane (sp?). I was a kid and that was a lifetime ago but it didn't seem to hurt them and sure kept the fleas and ticks off! Seemed like it was for cattle?

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wouldn't use it on such young puppies, their dose would probably be tiny. Is it possible puppies that age would need heart worm treatment? Was the mother clear during her pregnancy ?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS Redsoxs, I remember Lindane

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    So do I - they used to make it in a Chemical plant that I worked at. Nasty stuff [​IMG]

6. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Little pups probably only need to be wormed for roundworms. Personally, I would only use stuff made for dogs, on dogs. Years ago, I tried using Ivermectin on my Blue Heeler. A pea sized amount. Within hours she had gone blind. Only luckily did she slowly regain her vision. She never had fleas or worms again, but it wasn't worth the vet cost or the scare I got out of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by