sheep thread!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lcw1995, Mar 20, 2011.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    im getting 2 romanovXdorset or romanovXsuffolk or purebred romanov ewe lambs this fall when my friends ewes start lambing. be cool this fall when i get them.
    got it all figured out how im going to take care of them and know everything i need to know about them. but hey why not we make a sheep thread.

why dont we post our pics of our sheep, share our stories, expiereence, lessons learned , anything about your sheep.

cole.

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I won't be able to get mine for a while yet, until our old horse passes away. I'm spending the time studying up and planning.

Can't wait to see pics of the romanov x's, such a nice breed.

3. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    well i cant get pics until fall. haa.

4. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    I have three Katahdins and one Katahdin/Blackbelly ewe. I replaced my goats with them last year and haven't regretted it at all! They're very friendly, healthy, not too adventurous and the ram is gentle. Here they are last year during our first dusting of snow:

[​IMG]

Left to right are Kaiya, Ember, Bogie and Gracie. I'll be adding an American Blackbelly ewe to the flock this week. I've wanted one ever since meeting the mixed ewe, Gracie - she's got such a personality! Glares and stomps at my collies before grudgingly allowing them to move her. The others are just goofballs who run up to sniff noses, then run away like they're about to be murdered without a move from the dog. LOL

5. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    lol. nice looked sheep ya got there. i cant wait to get my romanovs or romanov crosses. tryin not to think about it but its hard cos there so cute when there babies.

6. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    anyone wanna contribute to this threaD?

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    so cute.

i want a small flock when i get my place, hopefully minis, was thinking babydoll southdowns, but may do with shetlands.

9. kooltex

kooltex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    NE Tx
    I have 3 Southdown ewes (not babydolls) and a suffolk ewe....and 2 sothdown ewe lambs and one "South suffolk" ram lamb, and his twin ewe lamb. [​IMG]
    "South suffolks"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Southdown ewe lambs

10. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Here's the Blackbelly ewe I was talking about adding to the herd earlier, with lamb in tow:

[​IMG]

She's one smart cookie! I love my Katahdins but the twin ewes especially are sweet little dingbats. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by