Sheepies and Chickies in NE Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RockingA, Apr 29, 2017.

1. RockingA

RockingA Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG].

This is me... We raise show sheep and are hoping to show some chickens this fall. We're kind of new to chickens (we have some free range barnyard mix) but are wanting to hatch some more rare breeds so my kids can show and possibly sell some as part of their SAE project for FFA!

2. RockingA

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    Also, we just started hatching. We have 17 days to go!! Went and picked up supplies for a second coop today... Good thing the hubs likes chickens, too. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to our community and good luck with your rare breeds projects. There's a thread on most breeds, so be sure to use the search box to look for the ones that appeal to you. Once you have made 20 posts, you can participate on the buy/sell/trade forum.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

4. RockingA

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    Thank you!! I've been reading and following threads here for years but never made an account! I finally decided I wanted to be able to ask questions so I bit the bullet!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    membership also enables you to enter the various contests

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under RockingA [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being an active BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. RockingA

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    what kinds of contests?! I've literally never won anything, so I'm sure I won't start now. [​IMG]

8. RockingA

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    So excessive kids with chicken pics are acceptable? [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by