She'll be leaving soon....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kargo, Jan 8, 2010.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Mrs. W will be leaving the first of next month. I'm really excited for her. I think she'll be a great mom. (I know you can hear it coming.) But.....well, I'm definitely going to miss her. First, I'm not really wild about the sub. I'll live. It won't be torture. But I don't see myself going to her for advice. Second....I'm not really happy about doing a term paper with a sub. We just did our first one last year and I don't feel very experienced. And I have a bad feeling the sub won't be sticking around after school to help us, either. Third...well, I'll just miss her, you know? You get used to seeing a teacher every day all school year. What am I going to do with myself? It's not just like some random teachr I don't care about. She's like a mentor/ role model.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Copy this post into an e-mail. Let your teacher know how much she means to you. It will mean the world to her.

Good luck with your sub - giver her/him a chance....... it is not their fault they are not your teacher.

3. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Is she gone for good or maternity leave? I am confused.
    Ashlyn

4. kargo

May 8, 2009
    ^She's going on maternity leave until next school year. She's still thinking about it, but she's pretty sure she's coming back next year.

5. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Oh, well that is good!

6. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Yeah, I guess...

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Get her email address before she leaves so you can stay in touch! I did this with some of my teachers and I still keep in touch with a few of them.

8. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Definitely tell her how much you appreciate her. Teachers frequently feel like the bottom of the barrel, and it really will make her feel like something if you tell her how you feel. IF she is considering not coming back, your support and appreciation could make a difference in what she decides to do!

9. kargo

May 8, 2009
    ^^I'm just hoping she has an e-mail address.

Actually, I did give her a card for Christmas that said that, but I'm thinking of giving her a going away card, too. I don't know. I mean, I'm just a freshman. I can't tell her what to do.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    She should definitely have a school email address, but I'm pretty sure most people have personal email addresses these days. Who knows? She might even give you her mailing address so you can send letters. I had a few elementary school teachers do this, instead of an email address.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by