Shell less egg

mainelychic

In the Brooder
May 5, 2017
My SLW has just started laying egg within the last week. So far there's been 1 or 2 per day. A couple of times mainly at 5-7pm she's laid shell less eggs. I think she knows it because she'll proceed to eat it. These are also laid outside. I don't let her out in the am until mid-am. To make sure she's had enough coop time. She does have access to crushed oyster shells if she needs it. She's on layer pellets.

One of my girls dropped "rubber eggs", as they call them, in the middle of the coop under their perch four days in a row. She stopped laying for several days then just started again with normal eggs in the nest box. This is completely normal until the pullets get their inner workings straightened out. Don't stress, they'll lay normal eggs, just give them time.

One of my girls dropped "rubber eggs", as they call them, in the middle of the coop under their perch four days in a row. She stopped laying for several days then just started again with normal eggs in the nest box. This is completely normal until the pullets get their inner workings straightened out. Don't stress, they'll lay normal eggs, just give them time.

Oh whew! I have had 2 so far since my girls started laying (3 White Leghorn, 3 ISA Browns). The first one I only found the shell/outer layer and I couldn't figure out what it was. Just found my second one, still formed, in a nest box. Glad to know that it is normal!

Back
Top Bottom