Shelley - My eye candy got here at last

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Buttercup Chillin, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I got the call early this morning. [​IMG] Just 1 day late. They loved your purple pen to put my phone number down for the call. Made it real easy for her to see it. [​IMG]

But you might have to start using a little bigger tray. One of the larger of the eggs broke and leaked all over the rest in the one container. Everything was wet and very Stinky. [​IMG] Then 1 stuck to another container (I'd say packed real fresh) and I broke the shell getting it out. [​IMG] Life happens.

I'll set 15 of yours and 27 of mine later tonight. Mine are my eggs from my birds, my 1st hatch of my own eggs. (I am not counting the 1st 10 eggs I hatched of mine due to the small number and the small early eggs that should not have been set in the first place).

Wish me luck I am after a nice little Cinnamon (Red Gold). [​IMG] It's been what, about 6 months since I started looking at them and wanting even just 1 for eye candy.
    I am so excited. [​IMG] This is going to be the longest hatch yet. And I usually have early hatches. [​IMG]

edited : changed trays make that 15/35.

Evidently it takes a while for me to get eggs here from up north. Shipped Sat and I got them Tue Morn. DH sent wrong address so I was worried and put our old mail box out just in case we had a new carrier. But no when they came in, she called me right away. She was really impressed with the package, said it made it real easy for her to spot the Phone Number for the early morning call. I don't think she even looked at the address just the city and name. Course I made sure she was expecting them. That may have helped.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Fawn and Red Gold are two separate colors...

3. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Well, I am after a certain one and you can all tell me what color it is when (if) I get it. But I will probably still call it Cinnamin. I think that is it's name before it even hatches.

I better go up and edit again. My DH sent the wrong address and I thought it was delayed because of that. But PO said no. It came in and they called me right away. They should be ok.

Guess I put the mail box back up for nothing. I'll leave it there until another Ambulance backs over it again, I guess. (That would make 9 times). This time I moved it to other side of the driveway.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:EITHER Y'ALL NEED TO QUIT CALLING 911 OR MOVE AWAY FROM THE NEIGHBOR THAT DOES... [​IMG]

PS, IF YOU COMPLAIN THEY WILL REPLACE YOUR MAIL BOX AT NO COST TO YOU

5. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    No its the neighbors. I live in an older neighborhood, I quess you'd say. I am almost the youngster.

That was a steel pole set way deep and just filled with cement. It took 2 Real Big Tow Trucker Guys to pull it out for me. Trust me, it didn't go anywhere, just tipped a little. But we're talking Emergency Service Vehicles and they just don't need that hastle when they are dealing with real emergencies. So I had them take it down and got a PO Box.

Now its back but I'll try it on the other side. DH cut the cement bottom off and just set it up. Anyone hits it, its going to be a gonner and won't come back to life again. I won't miss it.

He just needs to pay attention to which address needs to go out for where things are going to be delivered. Me too, we just didn't even think of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by