shellless or weak shell eggs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dmccann, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    experts help me figure this out had normal eggs withgreat production , lg eggs , now last 2weeks shelless from #1 hen #2hen weak shell # 3/4 hen smaller eggs ,Feeding layer crumbles ,cal flock block ,oats sun flower seeds. nNo one never molted . Could my water quality have a factor in this, recently i noticed a stronger smell of sulfer in h20 , we do have filter systems, now giving osmosis h20 , calling water man today thanks

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    you really need to add periods, I didn't understand a word!

3. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Sorry How is that!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  4. NarleevilleClucks

NarleevilleClucks Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2009
    Linthicum, Maryland
    Do you feed your chics oyster shell? I mix it with thier food so they get it regardless, some people put it in a separate feeder and offer it to their chickens to decide if they want/need it. Even with force feeding them the oyster shell, I've gotten the occasional shelless egg and one weak shelled egg. I am not familiar with water quality affecting egg quality, I would think that it wouldn't since my chics would rather drink from a puddle than their waterer...but you never know. I'd check the water just in case especially if it is something that may affect your family...

5. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    yes i feed them o shell,last nite hen gave a shelless egg,now today she laid a normal egg. Do you think the temp. has any bearing on this? thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by