... she's fine

She probably just got hurt by the dog. You'll want to clean the wound and use neosporin on it. As for her leg, maybe she got it caught when jumping or the dog injured it. If she's limping, that's better than not using it. So take comfort in that.

She'll need to be kept separate - maybe with a buddy or close to her other buddies. You'll have to make sure she keeps eating and drinking. She's very young and dog bites are nasty, so keep watching her wound and keeping it covered with antibiotic ointment. IF there are flies in the area, bring her into a brooder inside. She should incidentally be eating chicken starter crumbles at this time - is she? And what are the little ones to which you are refferring? Another batch of chicks?

She probably just needs time to heal, during which as I said above she needs to be kept a little quiet, and needs to eat and drink the normal good food she eats and drinks. I wouldn't even give her vitamins/electrolytes at this point, certainly NO antibiotics.

the little ones are 3 chicks that are 5 days old and yes,she is eating start and grow medicated feed....i put some medicine on it...it ointment that is for cuts..and for all animals

I would use some iodine and water
say 1 tsp of water to 2 tsp of iodine
and then clean the wound with some cotton that can be soked in the iodine and water tea

then let dry and put the ointment on it

she will need to have some
wet mash probiotic

2 tsp of dry crumbles
2 tsp of milk
1 tsp of yoguart
now put 1-400 mg of Vit E crushed tablet in mix
1- Vit B complex in the mix
1- selinium crushed in the mix

mix good and use 1 tsp of applesauce on top of mix

this will get the hurt bird to eat

if feeding more than one chick multiply the number of chicks times the amts of vitamins each time
feed this twice daily for two weeks as it will take her that long to get healed

also use 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to gallon of water
feed this every day if NOT MEDICATING
if edicating take out ACV and use medication

probably she won't need medication if you use the iodine tea to clean the wound each day and put on the ointment

any questions email me

thank you and she is eating and drinking fine, and i look to see what was wrong with her foot and her toe is swollen what do i do aout that??

Her toe might be broken. If she's walking on it, just let it be and watch it. I'd definitely follow Glenda's advice. She and I agree on pretty much everything.

Back
Top Bottom