SHE'S GONE Human Predator? She is Home... Thank You for bringing

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chick4chicks, Sep 30, 2008.

1. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG][​IMG] My EE Desiree has been missing for 3 days now. She could not have gotten out of the coop. She has vanished without any signs of her. She was the only one I had of that color, white with buff head. A real friendly girl, loved attention. I was going to breed her next spring to my EE roo, he is so handsome. I really think someone stole her.[​IMG][​IMG]:thun:mad::hit:hit:hit I have looked everywhere for her.[​IMG] I came home from work and she was back in the pen... she was not in there for 3 days, I know because I checked the pen over and over... Thank you to whomever brought her back. Thanks everyone for the expressions of kindness... I am so happy now. She was in bad shape when she was brought back, I thought i was gonna lose her. So far she is still here and she seems a little better every day. I separated her from the others but she can still see them. Thanks to all of you for your kindness. Deb

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Sounds like it...sorry for your loss.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Awful.[​IMG] You hear of this more and more.

4. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Sorry for your loss. Sounds like someone took her to me. Locks are becoming very necessary.

5. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    [​IMG]

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:Locks only keep an honest preson out. This type of thing is becoming more common all the time. The worst of it is this is more for food than a prank. Times are not good right now. A good junk yard dog might help. But one that will not go after you chickens.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh I am so sorry. I will keep my fingers crossed that she has just been scared and is hiding. [​IMG] I do hope she comes home.

8. harry2008

harry2008 New Egg

Sep 16, 2008
    Spam removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  9. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Oh wow, so glad to hear she's back home where she belongs. Maybe you should consider putting locks on your pen.

Nothing worse than a chicken thief! :mad:

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Glad she's home safely...
    I'd buy a lock PDQ.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by