She's Home!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Our new rescue, Henny Penny, made the car ride here safe in her carrier. Fell asleep briefly listening to country music as we cruised (the speed limit) down the interstate.

She is in an air crate in the house currently while we monitor her and keep treating her. I'll have pictures up this evening, considering I am about to eat then head out for chores! She still isn't "out of the woods yet" as my aunt's said- she may have a broken egg inside of her with all the trauma that was caused. She passed some of it that first two days at the shelter but we are worried that maybe pieces of shell may still be inside. She's not moving around too much so hopefully her body can disolve it. Also, we are keeping a very CLOSE eye on the chance of infection. While her wounds are looking much better and get cleaned twice-daily, you still have to be so careful.

Her feces is getting more solid though, and not so watery as when she first was brought in. She ate AS SOON AS we put her in the air crate, and she started squawking when I had to treat her for her evening time clean. Fiesty little thing is trying to peck now that there's more life in her.

Off to chores with me- please keep Henny Penny in your thoughts and/or prayers. Said a long one for her last night.

Thanks for all the support.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeahhh!

3. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    New photos up, sorry for the quality of them because my camera wants to be rude... -__-

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Henny-Penny/215098365194520?sk=wall

You can somewhat see the extent of her injuries.

Spent about $30 at the farmer's co-op getting her feed, antibiotics, and vitamins today. Have to try and get more of the antibiotic spray they sent with her too.

And TODAY she met Pickles. That was the most I heard her cluck since she came in and sheesh, she does NOT like her neighbor (Pickles). Tried to peck through the cage and missed. But she is in a much quieter environment and perking up. More vocal now and she got FIESTY trying to clean her and apply her medicine last night. [​IMG]

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    What happened to her?????

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Dog attack...poor lady.
    EVERYONE SEND HUGS!

6. flowergirl60