She's IS home!!! new pics added!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chelly, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    I'm so darn excited! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We moved from California to Nebraska at the end of July - my sweet horse, Rosie stayed behind - till we could get situated and ready for her......

She's leaving CA on Tuesday - and will be here by Friday next week - I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. Bubba

Bubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    Beautiful animal much more so than your avatar hahaha.
    How old is Rosie? How many hands?

Bubba

3. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awww my Rosie is about 11 years old, she was a rescue so I'm not sure - she's a little thing 14.3 HH - but perfect for me - don't need to stand on anything to get on!

4. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    She's a beauty! How do you move a horse if you are not trailering her yourself? Are their people to hire for that? I spose there must be......livestock hauler mover people?

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Beautiful girl!!

6. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Thanks Angie!

Itsme, there are lots of companies that move only horses. Horses are moved alot to shows and races and things like that, and there are folk that buy horses from far away as well. My girl is coming home with "Bob Hubbard horse transportation" they have HUGE big trucks that make it a little easier on the horse, suspension and things like that.

7. I imagine the 'travel time' was an anxious time.
    What a renuion that must be --- I'm so happy for both of you!

Lisa

8. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I can imagine how excited you are.
    I don't know how you could stand her not being with you for so long.

She is very pretty.

When I moved to Texas I had my stallion delivered to me by a horse moving company. I only had to wait for 3 days for him to arrive after I got here. I was a nervous wreck.

He arrived just fine, he had gotten his halter off in the van, had stolen the next horses hay bag & was in a very good mood when he arrived.
    The driver said he was a real character...but he behaved great at the rest stops & when he had to be unloaded & loaded back up to accommodate the other horses traveling.
    He was the first one on the van, & they ended up with 18 horses traveling.

Those vans are great for moving horses. They have a very smooth ride. Much better than a horse trailer. He was not stressed at all. He had been hauled extensively to shows though, so he was used to be hauled a lot.

Congratulations on Rosie coming home.

Jean

9. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    She's absolutely beautiful!!! That's so wonderful that you will be finally reunited, I can only imagine how hard it was for you both to be separated. I bet you can't wait to give her a great big hug and spoil her rotten!! My horses are rescues too, I don't think I could stand be separated from them either, and I don't even know how to ride.

10. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Don't worry Mamaboyd, I can't ride either - but I CAN keep my butt in the saddle long enough to enjoy myself!
    Rosie knows I'm a dork and she is easy on me! She's got some spice for sure, my trainer wanted to use her in lessons seeing how good she was for me AND my kids, but there was NO way Rosie was having any of that! She did not like lessons AT ALL (unless it was ME getting the lesson) someone ended up breaking my reins (just rope - not leather) because she was being so silly about it all!

She does still get used for lessons, but only for ground training for the kids - they practice grooming on her - and she's not complained about that! (her mane goes down to the top of her legs, and she will stand for HOURS to get that brushed and braided)

Jean, I paid more even for Rosie, so she could have a big box stall, I wasn't happy with her being cross tied the whole way here! Rosie also lies down alot, so with the box stall she can move around and lie down etc.... I hope she stays hydrated and eats some - my trainer is fattening her up a little and giving her some electolites before she leaves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by