She's not getting any bigger...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rechena, Apr 27, 2011.

1. rechena

rechena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Portugal
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but since it could be a desease or some other thing, I will post here.

We have 3 diferent hens. The three hens eat normally, we think , not sure yet [​IMG]
    And two of them are increasing in size and weight, but one of them we still find it kind of light and small, a friend of ours told us that could be come kind of bug, parasite...
    Any advices? she's always eating and she surely eats nice...

Thanks for the help.

Those are the two that are getting big
    [​IMG]

That is a 1Gallon of water near them for scale purposes... the small one can be seen in the back eating like always...

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Unless the small one is a bantam, and I think she'd be bigger if she were, it is probably failure to thrive. If so, she may eventually grow and do fine, or you may lose her. Nothing you can do about it anyway, as long as the others don' t keep her away from the food.

3. rechena

Apr 6, 2011
    Portugal
    Quote:The others don't keep her away from the food, most of the times they even protect her, and she's always trying to place beneath them [​IMG]
    Also a couple of times we saw the brown one coming back from the coop to came and "get her to bed" if that's possible...

So the only thing we can do is wait and see? [​IMG]

Thanks for the tip.

4. rechena

Apr 6, 2011
    Portugal
    The weird part is that here, on this photo taken in the 04/13/2011

[​IMG]

She does look bigger...but now it looks like it didn't grown up... it just stopped...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by