Shetland Pony Club♥

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
HEY! ♥
I'm starting a Shetland Pony club on BYC! Me and my friend are training my trainers shetlands, I'm training one called, Lakota, and she is an 18 year old dapple gray mare, she was abused when she was younger (10 or soo) so she is hard to catch, Usually it takes me 8+ tries to catch her, but last time it only took one, so she is coming along great! My friend is training a black tobiano shettie gelding with me. His name is Couch Potatoe, she is currently being broke by us, and so is Lakota.
I will post some pics very soon.

Thanks!

Ooh, and I want to hear about your experience with shetties! ♥

That's really cool. I commented because I wanted to say that my old neighbor has a miniature horse name Takota.
big_smile.png
I thought that was neat.
big_smile.png

I had a shetland pony growing up his name was lucky. He was a bugger of a pony.
Thought he owned the farm, hated dogs with a passion and would kick the life out them even if I was on board.
I learned when he was heading toward the old apple tree that you needed to hang off his left side in order not to knocked on the head or have your right leg scraped. He would get loose and get into the grain or go up the road to my uncles and knock over all the bird feeders to get the bird seed, tromp in his garden and eat the alfalfa. He spent one whole year running with the cows and there was no way of getting him. Every time you would go in the pasture he would run one way and bull would charge you.
He got lost for two months in the woods and survived. He was called lucky because of all the things that happened. He was 38 when he passed away.

Thank you!
The last pic of Couch Potatoe was after he took me on a little "ride" through the woods, hence the bridle as he wouldn't stop with just his halter.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yeah, the first pic of him was last year when he was in a parade.
smile.png

Me and my friend are going out to see them tomorrow! Plus we have like 6 hours!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom