shiloh feed just contacted me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbottom, Dec 9, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    this is what they said

I will buy brown eggs at Shiloh Feed and Seed. We sell them here. We pay $1 a dozen in containers. Call if interested in selling. Need eggs now (Out)

and this is what i told them
    i dont have just brown ive got white brown and cream and green. i have over 4 dozen in the fridge right now i just dont have a car so you would have to come pick them up. i usually sell my eggs including the carton for 2 dollars since they are fresh eggs my chickens are free range 1 dollar seems just a little low thanks though but also i will give yall what i have now for a dollar they are just taking up to much space in my fridge and you said you were out.

did i make the right decision? i mean 1 dollar just seems a little cheap when they probably turn around and sell these eggs for 2.00-3.00$ and for fresh eggs. you can't beat fresh eggs. and as for the color thing i dont usually explain what colors i have lol i dont get mostly brown from my girls so i felt i had to this time lol.

hannah​

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That would be beyond cheap here. I sell mine for $3.50, but I see them at the farmers market for up to $4.50.

3. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    if they were paying the full price of 2 dollars it wouldnt matter to me and also for the carton.

4. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    IF you really didn't have room, a dollar is better than nothing but yes, with all the labor and cost of feed, you are the one losing out. Once again, small time farmer bears the brunt of the finickly public.

5. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    actually the cost of feed here isnt bad and my girls pay for it themselves 2 dollars a dozen i get 50 pounds bags for 9 bucks to 10 bucks and thats cheap to me especially if they are paying for it themselves. not i have never seen eggs at a grocery store like those big brand eggs for a dollar a dollar a dozen to me is just really low my girls work hard for their food and 1 dollar a dozen if i get 7 dozen a week thats not enought for a bag of feed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by