1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SHIP TO CANADA?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by newbiecaroline, Feb 5, 2008.

1. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    Not sure where to post this subject.
    Anyone know what is involved in shipping eggs or chicks from States to Canada?
    I'm having a rough time getting the breeds I want here in Canada.
    They tell me heritage breeds I have to buy 10 of any breed I order!
    (They have some and at some time had all, it may have to do with the bird flu?)
    Anyone know how I could find out?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    oops forgot to ad my daughter is coming home from Colorado soon, wondering if she could buy them and bring with her, anyone know the border regulations?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  3. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Yeah, I go threw the boarder all the time, you cant go over with a animal enless its a pet and it is licensed and had all its shots, im shure if she got them and covered them up real good they wouldnt even know. When we go through all the time and I could have Weapons of mass destructions and they wouldnt even know lol!

4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    There are new procedures to bring them up. You could try smuggling them across, I'm not sure what would happen if you caught. You need to get a Health Certificate from a Vet about the flock the animals are coming from. If you check out the Canadian Agricultural site or the US Deptartment site you should be able to find the info. It cost about $60 to get the certifcate.

5. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    And if I remember right they can't shihp eggs across, not sure why, I guess they can;t see the birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by