Shipped 6 Mandarins yesterday and box is lost!

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I shipped out 6 Mandarins yesterday in a Horizon shipping box, I used Express USPS shipping, paid for extra insurance even, and they were "Guaranteed" to be in WI today by 3 pm (from NJ) and they are no where to be found. I've got the nice people at my local PO searching for them, and the people out in WI searching, phoning, emailing all places in between. No one can give me or the buyer any answers ex they are nervous about it, and something has happened that shouldn't. DUH! I am so sick to my stomach over this...those poor birds!
hit.gif

I didn't know where to post this either....There are 3 pairs in a large box- each pair is in the quarter of the box with 1 corner section empty. They each have 1/3 head of lettuce in with them. It's 80 degrees here in NJ today, was lower (71) yesterday, and is in the 40s out there in WI.
Will they be ok possibly? Please tell me they will be???
fl.gif

Lisa in NJ

I shipped out 6 Mandarins yesterday in a Horizon shipping box, I used Express USPS shipping, paid for extra insurance even, and they were "Guaranteed" to be in WI today by 3 pm (from NJ) and they are no where to be found. I've got the nice people at my local PO searching for them, and the people out in WI searching, phoning, emailing all places in between. No one can give me or the buyer any answers ex they are nervous about it, and something has happened that shouldn't. DUH! I am so sick to my stomach over this...those poor birds!
hit.gif

I didn't know where to post this either....There are 3 pairs in a large box- each pair is in the quarter of the box with 1 corner section empty. They each have 1/3 head of lettuce in with them. It's 80 degrees here in NJ today, was lower (71) yesterday, and is in the 40s out there in WI.
Will they be ok possibly? Please tell me they will be???
fl.gif

Lisa in NJ
All i can say is I hope they find them soon,, so sorry this has happened. please update when you know something..
fl.gif

thanks I will...nothing yet, other than maybe someone forgot to scan them in somewhere...but they still didn't arrive by 3 pm like we were guaranteed. I jsut hope they are ok and still alive and sort of happy. (Do Mandarins get happy when held in a box?)

the little babies in my avatar are Mandarin ducklings, from last year, some of the ones who are lost in transit...
hit.gif

OH my goodness, that is just awful, heck my stomach sank and there not even mine, you must be beside yourself! I hope they are found, please update when you can.
fl.gif

I can honestly say that when these babies finally get to my house they are going to be the most spoiled Mandies ever! This has been quite the experience I don't want to any time soon though. Oh my goodness!
Monica

Last edited:
Oh no! I sure hope they find them, soon! One good thing about express, though, it's more direct so there's fewer places where they have to search because there's fewer steps in delivery.

nothing yet- but how a huge white and red box, covered with ventilation holes on all 4 sides, LIVE BIRDS written on top, and skittish birds making noises inside gets lost or not moved along in shipping is beyond me! I'm amazed that in this economy, people are still so irrresponsible or unconcerned where they work.

Back
Top Bottom