Shipped a LG Incubator

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by japbantams2011, Jan 18, 2012.

1. japbantams2011

japbantams2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    I shipped a LG still air incubator today by priority mail and about fell over with the price the post office charged for shipping it, it went to Texas and they charged me almost $40 in my opinion that was just down right ridculous everyone knows how light these incubators are. Glad I wasn't shipping a big cabniet incubator it would have been a couple hundred dollars. But I totally lost my butt on it I only got $45 out of it and sold it on ebay after I paid fees there and paypal I didn't get anything plus the money I already had in it... oh well reckon that's life you win sometimes and lose others. Just wanted to ramble about it makes me mad that they charged so much.

2. americanvalkyrie

americanvalkyrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    Reno, NV
    I know what you mean. I hate mailing anything but letters, because the price has gone up so much. My husband joined an online group that sends used books to each other, but the price of shipping is half the price of a brand-new book. It's crazy.

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    ,but anytime i sell anything on ebay the buyer pays shipping cost.

4. japbantams2011

japbantams2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Yeah that was the plan I got $30 out of it and had a flat $15 for shipping but it wasn't enough to cover it. Like they say if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck[​IMG]

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    That's really too bad. Did it ship oversize or 2-3 day? We always have customers pay the actual shipping costs+.

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    This Christmas I mailed a small gift to a friend. It killed me that shipping costed more then the gift.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by