Hi everyone, I purchased some chicks from a very reputable breeder with whom I've placed several orders before. I have always received healthy chicks from them until this past week. I received the box less than 24 hours after it was shipped and the chicks are clearly ill. Eyes closed but not swollen, some mild sneezing and a bit of lethargy. I don't see any nasal discharge. There is no bad odor or lesions. Not SICK like infectious coryza sick but not right either. I contacted the breeder immediately and was told to put them on antibiotics, which I did even though I don't generally lean towards treatment. I would normally cull. But these are not inexpensive hatchery chicks and I was told that they could have gotten cold during shipment and probably have a cold. I considered the possibility that they were next to a box of sick birds on their journey to me. I didn't think that chickens could get "colds". Can they? They have been on the oxytetracycline for several days now and are somewhat improving, but other chicks I'd had previously and were the epitome of health, are now showing signs of being unwell. There are a few who now look unthrifty with ruffled feathers and there is a little sneezing and although their eyes are not shut, they don't look as bright and clear as they did just a few days ago. They weren't together, but in the same house. I've got oxine in their water, as well as vitamins and the antibiotics. Everyone is now being treated. The antibiotic was prescribed for the previous bout of coryza, but I'd done the research and asked the doctor point blank if they'd be carriers and when I was told yes, they'd always shed the disease, I chose to cull. I also have birds outside and I'm scared to death they're going to get whatever this is too, though I'm practicing good quarantine management and am washing, changing clothes and showering between visits to each flock. If it's airborne, it's probably too late. No one has died and they are very active and eating/drinking now that they're being treated. This doesn't look like the confirmed infectious coryza that I've seen before. I sent a note to the doctor who necrosied my last sick chicks but it's a weekend. Opinions? Should I cull and hope it didn't spread to my outside flock? Should I wait and see? I'm terribly torn and I know I'm not thinking clearly because I haven't slept and am worried sick. Some of the chicks are new (the ones who arrived ill) but I've bonded with the others for almost 3 weeks now and would hate to have to cull more chicks!!! But I will if I have to. Please help me figure out what to do here. I'm actually sick to my stomach and feel like I might pass out when I consider having to do this again and knowing that it could be necessary to cull the whole flock, even though the outside birds aren't showing any signs.. I know it's the right thing in some situations, but is this one of them? Am I being blind? Please help me make sense of this. I can do what needs to be done, but does it need to be done is the question. Edited for spelling.