1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SHipped chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momto2, May 17, 2008.

1. momto2

momto2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    My chicks that I ordered hatched and were shipped yesterday. I was informed that my chicks would arrive Sunday through Tuesday. I worried that I only get them on Tuesday. Isn't that a long time to go with no food, water, and heat???

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    That would be a little long but let's think positive call your po today and tell them your chicks are coming and if they come tomorrow to call you. My chicks come this week too and my postoffice is already on alert.

3. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Yes I have notified the po of their delivery. They also notified the distribution center that is about an hour away, to call if the come in on Sunday. My fingers are crossed!!!

4. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    good luck mom and they will be fine. Did you get chicks from ideal? Mine are coming from welp and they called yesterday and said they will be leaving monday morning and I have to wait til weds.

5. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    No I ordered from MM's. These are the first chicks for me -ever!! I did not know if one company was better than the other. Thanks for the support!!

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    MM is pretty good about shipping, Ideal is also good. I don't know about Welp I just saw a couple of posts of their chicks coming dead and sick.

7. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I ordered mine from MM and they came on a Monday morning, and they were all ok! I think the chicks would be fine if you got them on Tuesday, just watch them pretty closely and make sure they're not stressed.

8. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I really hope mine don't end up that way. I've ordered many times before and they were fine.

9. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I guess no chicks today. Of well hopefully I get a call first thing in the morning. I am dying to get them!!!

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I've got a shipment due this week from 2 different hatcheries.

One is Welp and I don't expect those till Wed. but the one from Meyer I expect on Tuesday. [​IMG]
    We are planning on setting up the brooder today and have everything ready because I will be alone when they come in, most likley. The kid in school and hubby in bed after working all night. This ought to be fun. [​IMG]
    I am powering up the video camera for a live action report!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by