Shipped duck eggs! need advise

Well she got back to me and said it must be my incubater or my humidity was off or something!:confused:

She is definitely in the wrong here because of her negligent attitude towards your purchase. Having them sit in the post office surely didn't help. I think you should talk with her again and try to get to the bottom of this. And maybe giving her a fair warning about not sending eggs so late in the week next time would help.

And, if she continues to blame you, maybe flagging her original post will get the point across. I know, it sounds excessive, but I hate when people won't admit they are wrong.

I paint eggs to sell and if one of them showed up broken, I'd ship a new one right away, even if I have to pay the new shipping myself. It's just courtesy. The same could be said for hatching eggs past their prime. If they don't hatch, you just paid for old duck eggs. Hmph. These people always grind my beans! Grr...

Her attitude is wrong - she should not be so dismissive! Things like this can put you right off! Chin up xx

She is definitely in the wrong here because of her negligent attitude towards your purchase. Having them sit in the post office surely didn't help. I think you should talk with her again and try to get to the bottom of this. And maybe giving her a fair warning about not sending eggs so late in the week next time would help.

And, if she continues to blame you, maybe flagging her original post will get the point across. I know, it sounds excessive, but I hate when people won't admit they are wrong.

I paint eggs to sell and if one of them showed up broken, I'd ship a new one right away, even if I have to pay the new shipping myself. It's just courtesy. The same could be said for hatching eggs past their prime. If they don't hatch, you just paid for old duck eggs. Hmph. These people always grind my beans! Grr...

Ya I told her its not my bater I have hatch many clutches of duck eggs on there before and never any problem so it has to be the eggs when I finally got the one was so rotten I could smell it before even opening the box!

Her attitude is wrong - she should not be so dismissive! Things like this can put you right off! Chin up xx

Some ppl have goten good eggs from her I talked to them and they had no problen so idk wt to think!

Last edited:

Agreed! I understand that everyone has their own opinions, and that each incubator and hatching is different (hence the reason why most people don't guarantee your hatch) but I also think she is clearly in the wrong here and knows it. She just doesn't want to spend the extra $ to make the situation right. Which again, is TERRIBLE BUSINESS!

Through this site, you can leave feedback if you buy something from someone. I would go on there and leave NEGATIVE feedback, or neutral if you personally don't think she is entirely in the wrong here. That will at least warn others who may try to buy from her in the future.

Unfortunately you sometimes have to take a hit in situations like this. If she is going to continue to do this and say it has nothing to do with her and she doesn't want to help resolve the situation, then call it a loss and move on. You will have MUCH BETTER LUCK buying from reputable people like Celtic Oaks.

Agreed! I understand that everyone has their own opinions, and that each incubator and hatching is different (hence the reason why most people don't guarantee your hatch) but I also think she is clearly in the wrong here and knows it. She just doesn't want to spend the extra $ to make the situation right. Which again, is TERRIBLE BUSINESS!

Through this site, you can leave feedback if you buy something from someone. I would go on there and leave NEGATIVE feedback, or neutral if you personally don't think she is entirely in the wrong here. That will at least warn others who may try to buy from her in the future.

Unfortunately you sometimes have to take a hit in situations like this. If she is going to continue to do this and say it has nothing to do with her and she doesn't want to help resolve the situation, then call it a loss and move on. You will have MUCH BETTER LUCK buying from reputable people like Celtic Oaks. 

That's wt I think also she said she was very sorry but blamed it all on my bater and humidity!

MMmm. I think there is a no win situation here. She obviously isnt going to meet you half way - so to speak. Try and buy from someone else if you are not happy with the service. For me - at present i am not experienced enough to know if my bad hatching is something I or my incubator is causing before complaining to someone!

MMmm. I think there is a no win situation here. She obviously isnt going to meet you half way - so to speak. Try and buy from someone else if you are not happy with the service. For me - at present i am not experienced enough to know if my bad hatching is something I or my incubator is causing before complaining to someone!

Ya I'm not going to push it any more bc ots not getting me anywere!

Figured I'd jump on this thread. Through PM I realized I ordered eggs from the same person.

Ordered 12 she sent 18, of that 6 were cracked, I patched 4 because they weren't oozing. 2 were actually rotten from the start. I am down to 7 that are still growing and vital, they are due to hatch the 13th.

She had the eggs laid on their side when she shipped so that was one mistake. I wouldn't recommend ordering from her either, BUT I also had better luck. Hopefully mine hatch. PS here's a picture of my little guy from Celtic Oaks.

Back
Top Bottom