Shipped duck eggs placed in incubator Saturday..Pip!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by calgal98, Aug 2, 2011.

1. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I received runner duck eggs from an ebay seller on Saturday morning. I placed them in my incubator Saturday afternoon and have been watching them for four days. Imagine my surprise today when I started candling and heard a peep! Not only that but I have a PIP! I had put a question mark on the egg as it Looked nearly full term when I first candled it. I didn't throw it away, opting to see what it would do, as this is my first go round with ducks. Today its chirping and pipping!! EGADS!!! I need to get my brooder set up!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    This is bazaar and troubling since they shipped you an old egg that had been incubated to almost full term. This egg could have gone bad in transit on you.

Post pictures when you can. I would contact the seller about this also.

3. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I am interested to se how this turns out. Really a shocker to me.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I would post feedback on ebay that a duck egg hatched a few days after it was sent. what bozos.

5. calgal98

Its pretty interesting. The fact that this baby survived the shipping and turning and is still alive is pretty amazing. I'll have to come up with an appropriate name for this one if it completes its hatch![​IMG]

6. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Wow that is crazy! Dying to hear how it all turns out!

7. calgal98

Continued progress on the egg. pip is much larger and the egg is rocking. I'm a full two weeks from being prepared for hatching anything....I have a few dozen chicks in the incubator. I wasn't even ready to do a lockdown. This is very exciting as its my first duckling ever! New adventure!

8. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    They grow so fast too! Congrats on your little one. To help the zipping process I talked and sang to my duckies, they would stop rockin till I talked again, it was hillarious!

9. calgal98

Black and yellow duckling is gaining strength in the incubator! Woo hoo. I wasn't supposed to get ducklings for another 26 days!!

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Tell the seller you'll take two dozen more just like the one that just hatched. (just kidding!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by