Shipped egg eggs-perts

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazychicken, Feb 13, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    So I just went through a very very very disappointing hatch I had 0% hatch and I buried the poor thing this afternoon. I wanted to try again because we just put our house on the market and hope to be moving soon to where I will be able to have as many chickens as my parents will allow [​IMG] . So I wanted something different and something I like so I thought maybe these. http://cgi.ebay.com/COCHIN-HATCHING-EGGS-12-Assorted-Color-Full-Size_W0QQitemZ110350819508QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Farm_Supplies?hash=item110350819508&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
    So
    it was too cold about three weeks ago but now it has gotten really warmer. and I would like to know if these temperatures were acceptable for shipped eggs ?

My Weather for the next week.

Partly Cloudy Friday night: Partly cloudy this evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph

Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 50s. East winds around 5 mph...becoming south in the afternoon. Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds around 5 mph...becoming northwest around 5 mph after midnight.

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds around 5 mph. Sunday night: Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds around 5 mph.

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s. Monday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Highs around 50.

Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Highs around 50. Tuesday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s.

Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s.

Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows around 30. Thursday night: Partly Cloudy

Weather from were they would be coming from.

Clear Friday night: Mostly clear then becoming partly cloudy late. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds around 5 mph becoming south late.

Considerable cloudiness. Patchy fog towards morning. A slight chance of afternoon showers. Highs around 80. South winds 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent. Saturday night: Considerable cloudiness with a chance of showers. Lows in the lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Considerable cloudiness with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday night: Partly cloudy. A chance of evening showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunny...cooler. Highs in the upper 60s. Monday night: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s.

Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Tuesday night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s.

Considerable cloudiness with a slight chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 20 percent. Wednesday night: Considerable cloudiness with a slight chance of showers. Lows around 60. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s.

What do you think ?

2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Sorry about your chick. I know you were looking forward to a Valentine's chick. [​IMG]

I don't know enough about weather and shipping to give advice.

3. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Yeah I am sad about it but when things don't go my way and I fall down I take a few hours to pull myself together and get over it ( usually ).

When your hatch fails "get up clean the bator and try try again" [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Well Crazy, I`m gonna recommend you order chicks. Hatching eggs lose a lot in the rough handling they get in shipping. Eggs might be a hoot to hatch, but all things considered, chicks are a lot cheaper. After you get some adults, you can hatch their eggs til your heart is content. Just my 2 cents.

5. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Well...... the thing is that most hatcheries require you to make a big order and I can only have one maybe two more until we get our house sold. so I would probably not be able to order chicks. ( plus I would not be able to stop myself and order five of every thing ) [​IMG]

6. MsMarbles&Me

MsMarbles&Me Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Where are you located? You should post to see if you join an order. We've got an order of about 6 people to get to our 25 here in Raleigh. Craigslist is a good place to post to join an order too.

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Depending on where you are located, there are several of us fellow BYC'ers that have cochin eggs for sale. I have a pen of beautiful blue, black and splash standard cochins that are LARGE, healthy birds. I know there are a few others on here as well that sale cochins. Just a thought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by