shipped egg packing pics

Orangefish

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Oklahoma
Does anyone have pictures of eggs they've received or ones you've packed yourself? Im looking for an example because I got some today that I think were packed poorly (half busted).... but this was my first time getting shipped eggs, so I don't know. I tried uploading the pics of my eggs but couldn't get them to show up!
hmm.png

Hey Orangefish! I mean goldfish..

I hate to come right out and say it... your shipper is garbage. There is no place for people shipping fertile eggs so carelessly. I am not a fan of the carton shipping method. In my opinion, it simply adds extra pressure on the eggs.

I just went into lock down with 3 different sets of shipped eggs. Each was packaged very nicely. I have 29/38 eggs at this time so I am happy.
82768_perfect_2nd.jpg

82768_perfect_packaging.jpg

I really looked at their feedback before I bought eggs. I think that really helped.

Sorry:barnie

Orangefish, I agree with ThaJuicyJuice. I would notify the seller and let them know you got scrambled eggs.

I've tried different methods of packing but individually bubble wrapping each egg and securing it with tape is a good start. Securing them in the box so they don't move around but don't have pressure on them is another good move. Using cartons is a bad move. Using anything that doesn't cushion is a bad move. I've gotten eggs that where put in an egg carton with shredded paper and the box was leaking yolk. I've also tried a similar way and they received the same.

I don't have a pic but I put a layer of shredded paper in the bottom of the box so I can't feel the bottom and lay the eggs lined up on that but not touching the sides of the box. I put another layer of shredded paper on top of those and put another layer of eggs. Then I fill the remaining of the box with more shredded paper and I push it down along the sides of the box to keep the eggs from moving to the sides and to pack them in so they don't move. I fill the box so the paper is to the top but is also packed in. But not so much it puts pressure on the eggs. This has been working for me.

I've gotten eggs packed like the ones fatbassetvineyards shows and had none broken when I got them. I've gotten them packed inside of tubes and then in a box. Double boxed. Then some where just in cartons and put in a box. Those where nearly all broken and none hatched.

What you got where poorly packed and hopefully the seller will send replacements and pack them differently.

Well I have received eggs in just about every method (bubble raped and loose in shoe box, cartons ect.) with that in mind I will line a carton with paper towel and place the eggs in it ( the paper towels are to keep the egg snug in the carton), I will wrap the carton in bubble wrap and put in the center of a box filled with packing peanuts. The bubble wrap and packing peanuts are an expense but well worth it if they help the hatch go well. I know other have not had such good luck with using the cartons? Out of my personal experience this has given very low % of damaged eggs and very high % hatch rates? But I did click on this thread to see, there is always something to learn.

Back
Top Bottom