Shipped egg questions....

E.M. Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Georgia
Ok so I'm getting some shipped eggs on Thursday. And then getting more on Saturday. Will the first eggs be ok til I get the Saturday eggs? I would like to start them all at the same time...

Yes just turn them twice a day and they will be fine until the others are ready to set.
smile.png

they should be fine... just turn the first batch twice a day and remember to let the second set sit for 12-24 hours before setting them.. You might try going by the post office and seeing if they would hold your eggs for you and give you a call to come pick them up.. Especially the saturday ones.. That way you could get them early in the morning and save them from getting jostled around all day.. Good luck on the hatch!!

Thank you! I know I'm supposed to put them large end up til I set them--Do I turn them side to side with the big end angled up?

Quote:
Easiest way to do this is to put them in an egg carton with the big end up and put something (like a piece of wood) under one of the long sides. Just change which side the wood is under twice a day.
smile.png

Thanks for the advice yall! Luckily the Saturday eggs aren't being shipped USPS. We're going to pick them up directly from the seller. Hopefully that will mean a 100% hatch! The seller has been getting perfect hatch rates so I'm hoping that since they aren't really being shipped they'll do well. They are lavender silkies--woohoo!!

Quote:
Easiest way to do this is to put them in an egg carton with the big end up and put something (like a piece of wood) under one of the long sides. Just change which side the wood is under twice a day.
smile.png

^ Exactly...it's more "rocking" than "turning". It's confusing...turning sounds like end over end, but that's too harsh. Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom