Shipped eggs arrived, 5 broken eggs and others are dirty from the yolk of broken ones😤

Josip

Crowing
Sep 20, 2019
Croatia
So shipped eggs arrived, 5 broken eggs and others are dirty from the yolk of broken ones. what to do now?? Can i clean them or its waste of time..

My Facebook friend send me for free he pack it well.. so i dont want complain And its also not allowed to send eggs by post in my country so i cant tell nothing to post.. so some eggs survive but they are dirt from broken ones...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-24-16-15-54-865_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-24-16-15-54-865_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2022-03-24-16-16-04-155_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-24-16-16-04-155_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 8
If that many are broken, I doubt any will hatch but...
I wash my eggs with a solution of 1/2 warm water and 1/2 peroxide. Do not soak the egg, use a cotton ball or clean rag dipped into the solution and gently rub the yolk off of the eggs.
If a chick can't get oxygen through the pores of the egg, then it will die anyway. That's why I clean when I need to.

My Facebook friend send me for free he pack it well.. so i dont want complain And its also not allowed to send eggs by post in my country so i cant tell nothing to post.. so some eggs survive but they are dirt from broken ones...
Unwrap them and wipe them off.
It hurts nothing to try to set them.

Wash them carefully, it shouldn't be a problem.
I had a broody hen which accidently broke one of her eggs. She was sitting on 13 eggs, and many of them were dirty from that one broken egg.
I was really worried but there was nothing I could do, since it was like her 17th day sitting on them when I noticed that.
She then hatched 11 from the 12 eggs left.
So you shouldn't be worried too much

Back
Top Bottom