Shipped eggs early and incubator late

Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I had eggs shipped and they arrived 2 days early. My incubator is running 2 days late. My incubator should’ve been here 2 days prior to the eggs. How long can the eggs sit without being in the incubator? How should I handle/store/turn/tilt them while I wait? My other incubator is full and I can’t use it right now. This timing has me worried that my expensive shipped eggs won’t be any good!

Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
The incubator that's full...
If it's full of eggs that are not as expensive you could switch them out with expensive eggs.

A couple days waiting won't make too big of a difference if the eggs were laid fairly recently. Do you happen to know when the shipped eggs were laid?
Within a few days of being laid they were shipped. Yea, the eggs in my incubator are my rando mixed flock BUT I think I’ve got a customer wanting me to hatch and another wants a dozen. I can’t throw them out or I won’t be able to take both orders (which I really want to do) so if my shipped eggs can sit for a day or two I’d like to wait.

Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
So I let them settle and checked. I’ve got one with a completely detached air cell. I’ve got 2 with a broken chalazae I believe as the yolk seems to sink. I’ve got 2 saddle air cells. Then 7 perfect eggs. What’s the best way to handle the broken chalazae? The saddle cells? Any hope for the totally detached air cell?

Sep 5, 2021
So I let them settle and checked. I’ve got one with a completely detached air cell. I’ve got 2 with a broken chalazae I believe as the yolk seems to sink. I’ve got 2 saddle air cells. Then 7 perfect eggs. What’s the best way to handle the broken chalazae? The saddle cells? Any hope for the totally detached air cell?
Incubate upright for all and don’t turn for 7 days for the worst ones. I’m not sure what kind of incubator you have but I would incubate upright the whole time. If your incubator doesn’t hold eggs upright I cut up a clean egg carton and use that to hold eggs in position. How far did the eggs travel?

Top Bottom