Shipped eggs have arrived! How long before I incubate?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barbedwirecat, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    OMG I just got my eggs. I almost strangled my postman for just dropping them off on the porch and not ringing the doorbell (seriously the box is marked ALL over do not expose to heat/cold, reallyreally-_-)

I have unwrapped the AWESOME bubble wrap that they were individually packed in. Seriously astounded by the wrapping by DipsyDoodleDoo. I've placed them in a controlled room (about 70 degrees) but how long do I need to let them sit before I pop them in the Hova?

[​IMG]:jumpy:yiipchick EGGCITED!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    I have read 12-24 hours. I think it depends on how far they were shipped.
    Also, I am sure others with more experience will have other advice. Just trying to keep this in the recent posts section for you.

Whatcha hatching?

3. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    I am hatching Blue / Splash Naked Neck Frizzle Green-Eggers. Some maybe barred, could also be Fibromelanotic. It will be a total surprise what I get [​IMG] Eggs are from 16,17,18th

4. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a nifty hatching project. You`re doing it right. twelve to 24 hrs at 70* will be good. The idea is to let the eggs settle down after shipping. good luck with your hatch........Pop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by