Shipped eggs (JJMR794's) 18 are runnin around!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Attack Chicken, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The first batch (9) of JJMR794's eggs are going into lockdown today! [​IMG] In the first batch one quit on me because it had a slight crack I didn't see. Due the 13th give or take a day or so.

Second batch of 13 is due on the 16th. The 12 made it uncracked and 1 had a crack but I put candlewax on it and it's developing wonderfully!

Anyone wanting to get coturnix quail eggs I recommend JJMR794 [​IMG] Great person to work with and very very friendly. Never had an egg that didn't develope!

Thanks so much again JJMR794 [​IMG]
    AC

(I'm sure other people are out there as nice and friendly as him with good birds so don't get me wrong! lol)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Good luck with your hatch. [​IMG]

We need to see pics when they hatch.[​IMG]

3. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh for sure! I hope these couple tibetan/rosetta/tux eggs hatch [​IMG] Only have a few of them!

BTW What should the humidity be bumped up to?

AC

4. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ah nevermind! Found it... 60 should do I think?

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    65+ AND SET THEM UPRIGHT IN THE PAPER FLATS FOR HATCH [​IMG]

6. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would but putting them in the flat raises them higher [​IMG] Since my bator is a still air it gets the eggs to hot bleh... I've rigged up a little thing so that the hatched ones cant play kickball with the unhatched onces. Divided the bator for the first batch and the second.

I'll have to post a pic tomorrow of my setup before they going in lockdown.

AC

7. DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    I tried the paper egg crate and I think my hatch didnt go well? So I tried putting half in and half laying on the wire. The ones on the wire hatched better I think. So ive been putting them all on the wire and have had great hatches. Last was 92 out of 124. I think them bouncing around each other helps them out.. Of course Im a newbie and I really dont know what im talking about so never mind. Listen to JJ I think hes the expert here Maybe I should try and experiment again and post % of what hatches. And maybe I'll use the GQF egg racks? I dont have any other colors but the browns but Im going to start ordering some different colors/kinds and pheasants and JJ is on my list. Hes been very helpful with my phesant questions and concerns... Good luck on your hatch..

8. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks! [​IMG] I have foam thing that I put them in so they don't get kicked around the bator. If I could find the dang camera!

For the second batch I've rigged up a little turner stick LOL I just stick it through one of the holes and gently turn an egg at a time. Put a rag of water in there so shall see what the humidity goes up to soon.

AC

I love my Little Giant bator for quail anyways!

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Moving eggs to different level in still air can be more damage.

All larger incubator hatching tray eggs are layed on their sides. It doesn't hurt eggs to be turned or moved around those last days, they don't need turn, but if they are it doesn't hurt.

10. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    As of right now three are pipped!

AC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by