Shipped Eggs Rested Upside Down

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
My eggs were delivered to my neighbour yesterday, without my knowing. They've been on his counter for 24 hours but the wrong way up, should I let them rest for another 24 hours with the point down or incubate them now?

They could be three or four days old at this point so I am undecided. I cannot rest them less than 24 hours, if I do so again, because I won't be back home until this time tomorrow.

Cheers!

You could go ahead and put them in the incubator but turn the turner off, to let them 'rest', if you have one, or don't turn them for a day.
I have found that when I had eggs shipped and they were placed in the box upside down, that most of the air cells were detached or 'scrambled'....so it really didn't make much of a difference to 'rest' the eggs from the shipping experience....got a pretty lousy hatch rate.

You could go ahead and put them in the incubator but turn the turner off, to let them 'rest', if you have one, or don't turn them for a day.
I have found that when I had eggs shipped and they were placed in the box upside down, that most of the air cells were detached or 'scrambled'....so it really didn't make much of a difference to 'rest' the eggs from the shipping experience....got a pretty lousy hatch rate.
My eggs are usually packed so well and have markings to say which way parcel should be etc. This time the packing was just a bit rubbish, amazingly none broken but 6 eggs all scrambled, not expecting much unfortunately.

Rest them a second time the correct position,, and don't worry about them being a couple days older. Not significant length of time.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

My incubator uses the standing on tip turner's so I popped them in that and will turn turner on tonight instead. Thank you both

Back
Top Bottom