Shipped eggs taking forever! :C

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GraceAK, Jan 1, 2010.

1. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    [​IMG] How long do shipped eggs from MPC usually take to arrive? I ordered them almost 2 weeks ago and the waiting is killing me!
    [​IMG]

2. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Did you get a confirmation # and a shipping date?

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I was on that site the other day and read something about eggs being shipped 'within 30 days'. You could always call them and see when your order will be shipped.

4. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    This is straight from MPC's website under important hatching egg information. "After ordering, your package may not arrive for one week to three months, depending on availability, because these eggs and breeds are rare and in high demand!"

5. GraceAK

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Oh no! I ordered really common chicken types. BA, BR, and EE. hopefully theyll come soon... they didnt email me a message saying they've shipped, but they didnt do that for the chick feeders/waterers i ordered either, so it could come any time.[​IMG]
    I finally got my 'bator to stabilize at 99.5 degrees, I just need the eggs![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Grace I am in Chickaloon, and all the eggs I have ordered arrive by Priority in 3-5 days. You may want to check with your source to see if they have been mailed and when.

PS.. They might have waited til after the Christmas rush, for a variety of reasons. Its pretty rough on packages at that time.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  7. GraceAK

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    that's a good point. They may have waited to ship until tomorrow, because theres no mail today.... in which case they could be here by the day I go back to school.... Oh, bittersweet.

8. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    I know how you feel. Its exciting and stressful at the same time, and the waiting is hard. But you haven't lived [​IMG] til you are actually incubating!

9. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Yeah, I am waiting for a shippment of bulbs sent priority and they haven't arrived yet. Waiting for packages at this time of year is hard on those of us who hate to wait. LOL

Nine days till lockdown and I am having trouble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by