1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipped Eggs went in on Day 2-21-14 anybody want to be my hatching buddy?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sasimpson77, Feb 22, 2014.

1. sasimpson77

sasimpson77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    I just put in 35 shipped eggs yesterday it will be a real catch 22 wether they will hatch as they had detached air cells but I am sure hoping would love to have some one hatching with me

2. Smithyard Farm

Smithyard Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Pembroke NH
    I'm in!!! good luck with your eggs! I have 48 in - will be interesting because my turner only holds 42!!

3. sasimpson77

Dec 28, 2013
    lol too funny mine holds 42 and with another batch of eggs I have in there I have 49 and then I added a 5 of my own eggs lol. luckily I was able to cull out 7 from another bator and moved some eggs over to it. so that leaves me with 47 in a bator that has space for 42 I am leaving all the eggs in cartons for a few days so that my aircells can reattach but want to put them all in the turner by day 4. I figure I will cull some anyhow I have one egg with a dent and one with a crack so those will be the first two to go, just want to give them a shot. how are you arranging your eggs?

4. mortie

mortie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    The Frozen Tundra
    I am putting eggs in tomorrow, does that count?

5. davedavey

davedavey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    which bators you guys use?

6. mortie

mortie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    The Frozen Tundra
    Mine is a LG circulated air with auto turner. I've never used it before (never hatched eggs before).

7. sasimpson77

Dec 28, 2013
    We have two Hovabators and one that is very similar can't remember the brand name. My original Idea was that three was enough to be having a batch hatching every weekend but unfortuantly that is not the case because my eggs always seem to be about 3 days late lol I have a third incubator that is due to arrive the first week in March so that will help as I will set up one bator as strictly a hatcher.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by