Shipped Eggs

moglet

Songster
6 Years
Oct 22, 2016
UK
Hi everyone
I'm new to BYC as from today so hope I'm now in the right place to post. I have 5 fertile eggs in my Brinsea octagon eco incubator and they were shipped from Spain. Needless to say they have detached air cells, I left them at room temperature for 12 hours before putting in incy, I didn't turn for first 3 days and the humidity was around 45 % it's now around 42% can't get it any lower. The temp is hovering around 37.3. I candled them on day 6 (now day 8) and 5 have veins and I could see the small black dot. I have them upright pointy side down in clean cut out egg cartons (cardboard) with a hole cut in the bottom. I started turning with the turner after the first 3 days and then read that they are best turned by hand as you could tilt them back and forth and leave them upright pointy side down, so I'm now turning 3 times per day gently tilting the incubator back and forth, not quite at 45 degrees and leaving them upright. I don't know if I can do anything else or if I'm doing everything right.I will candle again at day 14 or if anyone thinks I should leave it till day 18 I will do that. Its my first time with shipped eggs and I feel so anxious to do the right thing.Thank you Carole P.S I'm in the UK.

welcome-byc.gif
Sounds as if things are progressing nicely. Good luck for a successful hatch.

Thank you so much, and for the welcome! I have found some good advice on this site already, I'll let you know how the hatch goes, I know its late in the year and with the terrible journey they have had, and the fact that I haven't hatched shipped eggs before, so I do hope they won't give up, I will let you know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom