Shipped Eggs

khall3

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
I am thinking about ordering some eggs and was wondering if anyone has had any luck doing this. Also, I am concerned about it being so cold and could the eggs chill during shipping. All information would be appreciated.

bigredfeather

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Yorkshire, Ohio
Getting hatching eggs thru the mail can be frustrating. I would say my average hatch rate for shipped eggs is around 50%. In contrast, I have had 90% hatch rates when I use my own eggs or eggs that I have pick-up. Unfortunatly, sometimes the only way to get breeds you want is to have them shipped. If possible, I would recommend finding local eggs for the best hatch rate. If you do have to order them, expect a lower hatch rate so order extras.

Last edited:

jimma207

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 18, 2010
I am in maine, had eggs shipped from texas, I am on day 12, had 15 to start, only 1 not fertile, have 7 developing well, lost the others along the way. I do believe they were shaken to much as some had broken yolks and displaced air cells.( they did start to develop then quit shortly after. just my experience, Next time I will just get twice as many eggs. good luck.

bigdawg

AA Poultry
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
middle tenn
last month i had 12 duck eggs shipped from new york to tenn. i now have seven lovely duckies. anything over 50 percent is super.

Last edited:

Top Bottom