Shipped Meat Maker Brown Cornyx Quail question

caboodleschicks

Crowing
Feb 17, 2017
South Carolina
I just received my meat Maker Brown Cornyx Quail fertile eggs. They are absolutely beautiful! :love I am going to be incubating them, but something just occurred to me.
With shipped chicken eggs, I have seen you set them upside down or something in an egg carton, I'd have to look again, before you began the incubation. Do I have to do something like this to quail eggs?

I just received my meat Maker Brown Cornyx Quail fertile eggs. They are absolutely beautiful! :love I am going to be incubating them, but something just occurred to me.
With shipped chicken eggs, I have seen you set them upside down or something in an egg carton, I'd have to look again, before you began the incubation. Do I have to do something like this to quail eggs?

Caboodleschicks... Just so you are aware,theres no such thing as " CORNYX" quail. What you have are COTURNIX quail.
How did your hatch go?
Hope your hatch went well but on the off chance it didnt go well here are some tips to help for future reference.
Cots need higher humidity (about45 to 50 % reading )than chickens need and a 99 to 101 degree temp..plus hatch time is shorter than chickens..generally about 19 days but if your temps run on the warmer end it could be as few as17 days or on the cooler end it could run 21 ,22 days.
Also, cots should be fed a higher protien so feed them GAMEBIRD crumbles NOB medicated feed ONLY !!

Caboodleschicks... Just so you are aware,theres no such thing as " CORNYX" quail. What you have are COTURNIX quail.
How did your hatch go?
Hope your hatch went well but on the off chance it didnt go well here are some tips to help for future reference.
Cots need higher humidity (about45 to 50 % reading )than chickens need and a 99 to 101 degree temp..plus hatch time is shorter than chickens..generally about 19 days but if your temps run on the warmer end it could be as few as17 days or on the cooler end it could run 21 ,22 days.
Also, cots should be fed a higher protien so feed them GAMEBIRD crumbles NOB medicated feed ONLY !!
Oops! I think said it into my phone and it just gave me that. Or I could have just spelled it wrong. Thank you! :)

It went great actually! We had 40 something hatch! They were absolutely adorable!
Okay! Thank you so much for the tips!! I will definitely have to keep that in mind if I hatch some more in the future! :)

Back
Top Bottom