Box was smashed on one corner, ouch:

31162_dsc_0756.jpg

Open box view, fantastic packing:

31162_dsc_0758.jpg

Eggs:

31162_dsc_0759.jpg

Casualty – poor little egg:

31162_dsc_0762.jpg

Now they are resting from their long and tiring journey. They will go under my broody Blondie:

31162_dsc_0753.jpg

So EXCITED
celebrate.gif
– everyone – get excited with me!!!

jumpy.gif

Last edited:
woot.gif
I'm so glad that they got there and that most of them survived that long journey, especially after looking at that box. I swear some employees of the postal system do that on purpose when they see something marked fragile.
hmm.png

Here they are! Four eggs hatched, so we have 3 splash and 1 blue(?) or maybe she will be black – does not matter to me.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

The last hatching splash has only one working eye – the left. Not sure what is happening with the right – eyelid does not part – but the lid does move. The right lid is not crusty and the “eye” is not weepy. I have brought “Lefty” into the house, she is very tiny and was not keeping up with her siblings. I have stolen a chick from my other broody (she had 5) to be Lefty’s friend.

Oops a three headed broody:
31162_dsc_0828.jpg

The first three:
31162_dsc_0843.jpg

All four – Lefty is in the back corner:
31162_dsc_0922.jpg

Another pic – Lefty in front:
31162_dsc_0923.jpg

I am very sorry more did not hatch
hit.gif
– most likely my fault (something I did directly) or the trip via USPS might have been too rough for them.

Here is hoping for ALL pullets!
ya.gif
fl.gif

Cute!
love.gif

I'm so sorry more did not hatch.
sad.png
Everyone I've sent eggs to so far have had such good hatches with them. All I can think of is with the way that box looks, they had to rough of a trip. I am glad that some did hatch, but I hate that you didn't get more than that. My fingers are crossed for pullets for you!
fl.gif

You gotta love the post office, I can't remember getting any kind of package from them that didn't have one side bashed in. I think that is the way they "cancel" the postage mark. Not laughing.

In our small PO, I have seen them turn around and throw the boxes into the "out?" pile even tho its just one big step behind them. It doesn't matter how many "fragile" stickers are plastered on .

Also when I had "this side up," arrows, they said they couldn't promise they'd stay that way. I KNEW that but foil them because I use heavy fiberglas insulation inside(I ship plants).

I shudder to think what they do with hatching egg boxes or day old chicks.

We also had one carrier that didn't want to get out of the truck, so he'd just toss packages over people's fence. Now he is working inside and makes sure the packages weigh more than they show on scale at home. What can you do? I don't believe fed ex or ups will handle eggs/live birds.

Quote:
There are just so many variables once the box leaves your hands – please do not feel bad. I am so thrilled and honored to have these. Blondie (broody) did a great job for her first time but she herself is young (31 weeks old today) and another variable in the whole equation. I was just too excited to wait until I had an incubator.

I have purchased one but the fan is not running yet (has egg turner). Once I get my incubator fixed, I am going to test myself and it with a couple home eggs – then I am hoping to be able to order another dozen from you when you have them available.

Back
Top Bottom