Shipping boxes for quail?

smirch9

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 14, 2010
I raise hundreds of Bobwhite's every year and currently looking for a good quality shipping box, so I can ship up to 25-50 at a time. Any ideas? I don't want to spend retail, would rather purchase large quantities at a discount. What are you guys using? Thanks!

I don't know if you are even allowed to ship that many....

I use boxesforbirds.com or something like that, they are sized for pigeons, so they work well for quail. The 8 bird box is a double decker with dividers for each quail, and I really liked it.

Hope this helps!

For Day Old Babies You Can Ship In Chick Flats, All Other Must Go In Horizon Type Boxes Which Are Made In Single Stall And Multiple Nest Boxes

Quote:
Horizon .com has Quail shippers.I was told they are the only shipper that's accepted by the post office for shipping birds in.The company sells them singly or in quantity. They're very nice ,helpful people in my opinion

Quote:
Horizon .com has Quail shippers.I was told they are the only shipper that's accepted by the post office for shipping birds in.The company sells them singly or in quantity. They're very nice ,helpful people in my opinion

MUCH LIKE EVERY WHITE COTURNIX IS AUTOMATICALLY CALLED AN A&m, ALL SHIPPING BOXES HAVE THE ACQUIRED NAME OF HORIZON BOXES.... THERE ARE A FEW OTHER BRANDS OUT THERE, DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY CHEAPER OR NOT THO. YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT THE AUCTION SITES AND FIND THEM IN QUANTITY EBAY, OVABID, THE NEW EGG-BID.COM, EGGBID.NET

IF SHIPPING 25 LG JUVIES OR ADULTS THEY MAKE A PIGEON NEST THAT IS A DECENT SIZE, PROBABLY 24-32 INCHES SQUARE. FOLKS USE THEM TO SHIP RACING PIGEONS AROUND HERE ALL THE TIME.

Horizon does have a 'new' quail shipper, it's basically a modified chick shipping box. I don't know how many they hold, or if they are even available for purchase. The last time I checked their site it just said 'coming fall of 2010' for the quail shippers.

Thanks for the replies, I will check into all of them. I ship day to week old birds and adults too. I mainly sell them locally however I've been getting requests to ship them across state and so on.

Quote:
Definitely reccomended, the boxes are cheaper for one or two, they got here within two days, and they were easy to use, fairly light, and easy to ship with!

Back
Top Bottom